Are you curious how to start taking the ARE Exams? Are you seeking advice on how best to prepare for the ARE? Do you need to learn tricks to get/ stay motivated and finish up the exams?
The AIANY Emerging New York Architects (ENYA) Committee has an ARE Study group that will be sharing their experiences preparing for the ARE Exams. After a short presentation, study group members will be stationed to answer questions about each exam category in an informal speed mentoring style format.
The presentation will address:
• The first steps: How to get your authorization to test and clear other administrative hurdles
• ARE program details, including exam scheduling and fees, the five year rolling clock, and more
• The seven ARE divisions, including their content areas, exam structure, and length
• Outline of available study resources
• Statistics showing you are not alone and the exams are not as hard as you think
• Best studying practices.
Michael Archer, Assoc. AIA, AIA New York Chapter IDP Coordinator, NCARB
Attendees are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the following before attending:
NCARB ARE resources: http://ncarb.org/en/ARE.aspx
AIANY ARE resources: http://cfa.aiany.org/index.php?section=are-prep
Organized by: AIANY Emerging New York Architects Committee
Price: Free for AIA members; $10 for non-members
Back to All Events